Deep Lakes Park
This sandy 435-acre area features over 120 acres of water.
NOTE: The beach is closed for the season.
- 435 acres including over 120 acres of water
- Numerous small lakes and ponds
- Sand dunes
- Grassy/brushy areas
AMENITIES & FACILITIES
- Parking lots
- Access for canoes, kayaks & small boats that can be carried from the parking lot
- Boat ramp on Lake Chester and Lake Jewell
- Fishing Dock on Lake Chester
- Beach at Lake Chester (open 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily)
- Nature study
- From Highway 61 south of Muscatine turn east onto 41st Street
- Find it on the county map
- Park Map - aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc
- Fishing Map - Lake Chester - depth map of Lake Chester
- Fishing Map - Lake Jewel & Lake Violet - depth map of Lake Jewel & Lake Violet
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Area closed between 10:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- All boats must be removed from the park daily
- No fires allowed except in designated fire rings
- All pets must be on a leash
- No swimming or wading except in the designated beach area
- No hunting or trapping
- No target shooting
- No horses
- No motorized vehicles except in designated areas
- Use of gasoline boat motors not allowed
- All state fishing regulations apply
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations
The former sand and gravel pits were donated to the Conservation Board by the W.G. Block Company.