Deep Lakes Park
Deep Lake Parks Public Meeting
The Muscatine County Conservation Board held a public meeting about proposed plans for Deep Lakes Park on Thursday, August 29,2013 to receive comments and suggestions concerning the proposed plans for Deep Lakes Park.
This sandy 435-acre area features over 120 acres of water.
- 435 acres including over 120 acres of water
- Numerous small lakes and ponds
- Sand dunes
- Grassy/brushy areas
AMENITIES & FACILITIES
- Parking lots
- Access for canoes, kayaks & small boats that can be carried from the parking lot
- Nature study
- From Highway 61 south of Muscatine turn east onto 41st Street
- Find it on the county map
- Google Map
- Park Map - aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Area closed between 10:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- All boats must be removed from the park daily
- No fires allowed except in designated fire rings
- All pets must be on a leash
- No swimming or wading
- No hunting or trapping
- No target shooting
- No horses
- No motorized vehicles except in designated areas
- Use of gasoline boat motors not allowed
- All state fishing regulations apply
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations
The former sand and gravel pits were donated to the Conservation Board by the W.G. Block Company.